Contact Dermatitis Testing and Treatment
At the Adult & Children Allergy-Asthma Center, we understand that contact dermatitis can be not only uncomfortable but also disruptive to your daily life. Our team of expert allergists is dedicated to providing comprehensive contact dermatitis testing and effective treatment to help you and your family enjoy healthy, irritation-free skin.
Contact Dermatitis Testing: Identifying the Triggers
Accurate diagnosis is the first step toward effective treatment. Our specialized contact dermatitis testing process includes:
- Comprehensive Evaluation: During your initial consultation, our allergists will conduct a thorough evaluation of your medical history and your contact dermatitis symptoms, which may include redness, itching, rash, or blistering.
- Patch Testing: To pinpoint your specific contact dermatitis triggers, we utilize patch testing. This involves applying small amounts of potential allergens or irritants to your skin, typically on your back. The patches remain in place for a set period, allowing us to monitor your skin’s reaction.
- Customized Assessment: Based on the results of your patch testing and the severity of your contact dermatitis, our allergists will provide you with a personalized assessment and a tailored treatment plan.
Contact Dermatitis Treatment: Achieving Healthy, Irritation-Free Skin
Once we’ve identified the substances or allergens causing your contact dermatitis, our Adult & Children Allergy-Asthma Center offers a range of effective treatment options to help you manage and alleviate your symptoms:
- Allergen/Irritant Avoidance: We provide guidance on avoiding contact with the substances that trigger your dermatitis. This may involve changes in your skincare routine, selecting hypoallergenic products, or implementing workplace modifications.
- Topical Medications: For mild to moderate contact dermatitis, we may prescribe topical corticosteroids or non-steroidal creams and ointments to alleviate itching, redness, and inflammation.
- Oral Medications: In some cases, oral antihistamines or other allergy medications may be recommended to manage more severe symptoms.
- Education: We offer comprehensive education on contact dermatitis triggers and prevention strategies to minimize future exposures.
Your Path to Healthy, Irritation-Free Skin Begins Here
At the Adult & Children Allergy-Asthma Center, we are dedicated to helping you and your family achieve healthy, irritation-free skin. Our experienced allergists provide the tools, knowledge, and treatment options necessary to manage and alleviate your contact dermatitis symptoms.
If you suspect contact dermatitis is affecting your quality of life, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a consultation. Your well-being and skin health are our top priorities, and we are here to provide comprehensive contact dermatitis testing and effective treatment to ensure you can enjoy life with comfortable, healthy skin.